Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning

Amy Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning

A British coroner has ruled that singer Amy Winehouse died from consuming "a very large quantity of alcohol" that put her blood-alcohol level at more than five times the legal limit. Giving a verdict of "death by misadventure," coroner Suzanne Greenaway said that Winehouse's death was the "unintended consequence" of drinking so much at once. Police said that that numerous empty vodka bottles were found in Winehouse's room. [via The Associated Press]