Editors in the greater Philadelphia area, take heed: The A.V. Club is coming to Philadelphia and in the market for a City Editor. Think you have what it takes? Here’s what you need to know: The A.V. Club is looking for a hungry city editor. The full-time position entails supervising all of our local content, including the weekly paper and local website.
Job responsibilities include writing feature articles, event picks, and more for print and web; supervising a staff of freelancers and interns; maintaining the local website’s social media branches (Twitter, Facebook, etc.); and being the active local face of the publication.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Passion for arts & entertainment (music, film, comedy, theater), food, and nightlife in Philadelphia
• Exceptional organizational & multitasking skills
• Strong computer (Mac) and web-publishing skills
• The ability to lead a local editorial team, but also work within a team of editors spread across the country
• A journalism degree and/or experience in journalism
The Onion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a résumé with a cover letter (including salary requirements), writing samples, and editing samples (if available) to email@example.com.
PLEASE, NO COMEDY, PHONE CALLS, OR OFFICE VISITS.