It’s been a long time coming, but The A.V. Club (as well as sister publication The Onion) is finally heading north of the border, the next stop on the way to world domination. After they’ve given us so much—The Kids In The Hall, the DeGrassi series, more great actors (John Candy!) and musicians (Broken Social Scene!) than we can shake a hockey stick at—we’re giving back and opening up a bureau in Toronto. But before we get to courting Caitlin Ryan with Rush mixtapes, we need to fill an essential job opening.
Editors in the Toronto area, take heed: The A.V. Club is coming to town and we’re in the market for a City Editor. Think you have what it takes? Here’s what you need to know: The A.V. Club is looking for a hungry city editor. The full-time position entails supervising all of our local content, including the weekly paper and local website.
Job responsibilities include writing feature articles, event picks, and more for print and web; supervising a staff of freelancers and interns; maintaining the local website’s social media branches (Twitter, Facebook, etc.); and being the active local face of the publication.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Passion for arts & entertainment (music, film, comedy, theater), food, and nightlife in Toronto and the surrounding area
• Exceptional organizational & multitasking skills
• Strong computer (Mac) and web-publishing skills
• The ability to lead a local editorial team, but also work within a team of editors spread across the country
• A journalism degree and/or experience in journalism
The Onion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a résumé with a cover letter (including salary requirements), writing samples, and editing samples (if available) to email@example.com.
PLEASE, NO COMEDY, PHONE CALLS, OR OFFICE VISITS.
Send your Newswire tips to firstname.lastname@example.org