Casino Jack director George Hickenlooper died of an accidental overdose

Casino Jack director George Hickenlooper died of an accidental overdose

The recent death of George Hicknelooper, director of Hearts Of Darkness and the upcoming Casino Jack, has been ruled an accidental overdose, according to the Denver Medical Examiner’s office. Hickenlooper reportedly took a prescription painkiller containing oxymorphone (marketed in the U.S. as Orpana) and this, combined with alcohol and Hickenlooper’s longtime problems with sleep apnea, affected his breathing and central nervous system and contributed to his death. [via Movieline]