Over the past couple of weeks, we here at The A.V. Club have been tirelessly writing about 30 Rock in an effort to avoid its inevitable end. Turns out refusing to accept reality doesn’t actually change it, and tonight, very much against our will, we will be forced to say goodbye to a show that has delighted us for seven years. If you, like us, want to spend these last few hours in a shelter of Liz Lemon images and Kenneth Parcell quotes, please come join us.
- Today we’re looking at how 30 Rock built a beautiful final season by following The Mary Tyler Moore Show model.
- We also collected 10 episodes that show how 30 Rock tweaked the sitcom formula. It’s a perfect list for sobbing quietly while you recall the good times.
- Speaking of good times, we have reviews of six seasons of the show here, including last week’s excellent episode.
- We also toured Liz Lemon’s office with Tina Fey and tried really hard to remember that one of them will still exist on Friday.
- If you’re looking for an alternate timeline to escape into, here’s the show’s original pilot featuring Rachel Dratch as Jenna Maroney. We hear in that universe, the show will be on for 15 seasons.
- And, because you are a human being and can’t wait until tonight to know what to expect, here are some rumors about the finale from earlier in the month.
Just take a personal day. Your boss will understand.
Submit your Newswire tips here