The whole world has known that dogs barking holiday songs is grating, but now there’s scientific proof to back it up. Edison Research, a marketing firm out of New Jersey, surveyed 200 women ages 30-49 to find out which Christmas song they hated the most. The list’s topper should come as a surprise to no one: Singing Dogs’ “Jingle Bells.”
Runner ups include Beach Boys’ “The Man With All The Toys” and Spike Jones’ (not Spike Jonze) “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth.” Cartman’s “O Holy Night” didn’t fare too well either. The whole list is below.
Edison Research conducted the study on behalf of Adult Contemporary radio stations that air only holiday music during November and December. It also determined that the best-testing Christmas song is Andy Williams’ “It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.”
Most disliked holiday songs of 2012
1. Singing Dogs, “Jingle Bells”
2. Beach Boys, “The Man With All The Toys”
3. Spike Jones, “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”
4. Barbra Streisand, “Jingle Bells”
5. Elmo & Patsy, “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”
6. Cartman, “O Holy Night”
7. Seymour Swine & Squeelers, “Blue Christmas” (the version that features a Porky Pig-soundalike stammering his way through the Elvis Presley standard)
8. Neil Diamond, “O Come, O Come Emmanuel”
9. Mannheim Steamroller, “Deck The Halls”
10. Little Jimmy Boyd, “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”
Submit your Newswire tips here.