- Giancarlo Esposito told us several excellent anecdotes featuring Mickey Rourke, Paul Newman, and Breaking Bad showrunner Vince Gilligan in Random Roles.
- For our third installment of State Songs, David Garza plays “Texas Is My Hometown.”
- Enlightened’s Mike White walked us through his show’s second, and final, season.
- Todd VanDerWerff explored the many facets of Mad Men and provided 10 representative episodes.
- Jason Heller taught us about snarling rebelliousness in an excellent Gateways To Geekery about thrash.
- In Inventory, we listed 20 instances where people who were not medical professionals performed surgery or complex medical procedures. Then we provided seven essential books about comedy by comedians.
- DC Pierson made a pep-rally mixtape for lonely pop-culture obsessives.
- Todd VanDerWerff punished the other TV Club writers by forcing them to discuss the 7th Heaven musical episode.
- In Watch This, we looked at five documentaries about the making of five legendary films.
This week in Great Job, Internet!:
- This week in supercuts: Gary Oldman film freak-outs and Woody Allen stammering. The latter clocks in at a whopping 44 minutes.
- Someone was kind enough to assemble a Game Of Thrones cheat sheet.
- Bronson Pinchot did a weather forecast in Pennsylvania.
What are we arguing about this week?
In AVQ&A, we discussed works of art that we empathize with.
See: The Place Beyond The Pines looks like your best bet.
Read: Use this opportunity to finally read Bossypants or check out Owen King’s debut, Double Feature.
Listen to: The Strokes and Wavves both released solid records this week.
Watch: Return to Westeros and find out what Khaleesi Daenerys and the Starks have gotten themselves into when Game Of Thrones returns on Sunday.
Submit your Newswire tips here.