A video quilt of whimsical Wes Anderson accessories
Two things become clear when making a Wes Anderson supercut. One, it has to be set to a '60s-style pop song, and two, there's no need to worry about jarring transitions in the color palette. With the ground rules being so simple, we couldn't resist. So in honor of all the delightful accessories in Moonrise Kingdom, here's every shoe, belt-buckle and hat of significance in Wes Anderson's films. We had to make it now, because when Moonrise Kingdom comes out, we'll need a song twice as long to get them all in. (Special thanks to Paul Westerberg, for "Looking Up In Heaven," our melancholy backing track, and to Wired, for convincing a bunch of great bands to release their songs under Creative Commons.)
More Odds And Sods 2012
- Undercover: The Pilot (Headlights cover XTC) and announcing Holiday Undercover!
- See the video for The Felice Brothers' "Ponzi"
- Crooked Fingers: "Your Apocalypse"
- Crooked Fingers: "Bad Blood"
- Reader Meets Author: Patton Oswalt
- World premiere: a new Crooked Fingers video
- A video quilt of whimsical Wes Anderson accessories
- Japandroids, The Men, and other Pitchfork 2012 artists play "would you rather"
- Exclusive video: Neil Hamburger gives Mark Eitzel career advice
- Happy Endings' ah-mah-zing future
- Here's an exclusive Angry Boys scene
- Exclusive: Crooked Fingers' new "Bad Blood" video was inspired by Van Halen
- Exclusive: Behind the scenes of Sleepwalk With Me
- Here's Patrick Stewart pimping his live-action and animation guest spot on American Dad