Announcing the fourth “season” of “A Very Special Episode”
More A Very Special Episode
- Hogan’s Heroes’ unceremonious finale comes from the era before TV “endgames”
- How Dollhouse toyed with the idea of how people and institutions are formed
- Pre-Star Wars, Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman were beacons for young nerds
- The appeal of The Avengers’ stylish, lascivious vision of Britishness
- NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues’ pilots hooked viewers with sex, violence, and depth
We close out the third cycle of "A Very Special Episode" tomorrow with the third season Leave It To Beaver episode "The Last Day Of School," which means it's time for another announcement of what you can expect from the column for the next six months. Barring any last-minute changes or rearrangements, the next ten VSE installments will be as follows:
Celebrity Hot Potato, 6/29/84
Dinosaurs, "Changing Nature"
Land Of The Lost, "Album"
Beauty & The Beast, "Ozymandias"
Studio One, "The Arena"
Soap, Episode 44
Cheers, "Fortune & Men's Weight"
Ally McBeal, "It's My Party"
Dragnet, "The Christmas Story"
Cheap Seats, "Superstars 1978"
The big change with this next batch is that the column moves from running ever other week to running every three weeks, which will give you all more time to seek out the episodes and play along at home.