Dan and Bill Savage
The sex guru and his brother on It Gets Better, DTMFA, and being a talking head
- Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development
- Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie
- Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes
- Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Sarah Polley on laying her family history bare in the new documentary Stories We Tell
To a lot of people, Dan Savage is pretty much a god. The longtime sex columnist and now podcaster dishes out tough love to lovelorn and sex-starved devotees on the regular. More recently, he started the It Gets Better project, using YouTube to spread the message to bullied LGBT teens that life will get better as they get older. The project went crazy-viral almost overnight, with thousands of people contributing, from trailblazing senior citizens to Barack Obama.
Of course, for all this recent political attention, Dan Savage is still doing his sex advice thing, as dirty as ever. The A.V. Club sat down with Dan and his brother Bill, an English professor at Northwestern, before they spoke at the Chicago Humanities Festival this past weekend.