Introducing The A.V. Club's One Track Mind
Hey friends, we're proud to announce the existence of our latest video baby, One Track Mind. The series, which will have an initial run of ten weeks--every Thursday, starting next week, Oct. 27--pairs an A.V. Club writer with a songwriter they admire for a conversation focused on one specific song. In addition, the interview subjects will provide us--and you--with an intimate performance of that song, in various awesome locations. For example, Nathan Rabin visited Ben Folds in his Nashville studio for a chat about and a performance of... I'm not telling. Tune in in two weeks to see it. Selected episodes of the series will also air on IFC over the next couple of months, which is kind of awesome, eh? Watch the video above to whet your appetite and find out some of the other songwriters we spoke to.
More One Track Mind 2011
- Introducing The A.V. Club's One Track Mind
- Jenn Wasner of Wye Oak discusses and performs "Holy Holy"
- St. Vincent discusses and performs "Surgeon"
- Ben Folds discusses and performs "The Luckiest"
- Mac McCaughan of Superchunk discusses and performs "Digging For Something"
- Matthew Sweet discusses and performs "I've Been Waiting"
- Eric Bachmann of Archers Of Loaf discusses and performs "Web In Front"
- Dessa performs and discusses "The Chaconne"
- Bob Mould discusses and performs “Hoover Dam”
- The Walkmen discuss and perform "We've Been Had"
- Craig Finn discusses and performs "Jackson"
- Naughty By Nature discusses and performs "O.P.P."