Tig Notaro bombs onstage, then things get worse
As Jimmy Pardo learned last week, doing well at a place once hardly means that it’ll happen again when you return. For him, it was a naval base. For Tig Notaro, it’s a comedy club in the suburbs of Denver where she bombed early in her career. As she experiences, bombing wasn’t even the worst part of it, but she manages to come away with a comedy life lesson.
Next week: Kyle Kinane hits the road with a ventriloquist.
More Stand Down 2012
- Patton Oswalt's magical black man
- Maria Bamford visits the morning zoo
- Reggie Watts shows team spirit
- Jimmy Pardo barely escapes from angry sailors
- Tig Notaro bombs onstage, then things get worse
- Kyle Kinane tours with a racist ventriloquist
- Jen Kirkman hides in a broom closet to escape drunken patriots
- The Sklar Brothers barely escape a corporate Christmas party
- Dan Telfer somehow fares worse than a mime-and-clarinetist duo
- Natasha Leggero wrestles with a Christian college