We interviewed Slutever over Twitter; smiley poop emoticons were involved
@SLUTEVERFOREVER can describe a day in their life using only emoji
- The Lonely Island talks about the slightly more mature Wack Album
- Michael Shannon on General Zod, the NSA, and the genius of David Letterman
- How Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg turned their fear of Jesus into an ensemble comedy
- Clive Owen talks about playing an MI5 agent in Shadow Dancer
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, a.k.a. Jaime Lannister, talks his big Game Of Thrones season
Rachel Gagliardi and Nicole Snyder of Philadelphia two-piece Slutever (who describe themselves well as “Philly brat punks. Like Clueless meets Beavis and Butthead with a side helping of girl anarchy”) do not limit their creativity to the pedestrian myopia of just music. True to the zeitgeist, these ladies are also Twitter masters, and their shared @SLUTEVERFOREVER account hums with the brilliance of Mike Judge crossed with Mikhail Baryshnikov.
When they declared roughly a month ago that “tweets are the new songs,” it was a line in the sand; we decided to rise to the challenge and determine whether tweets could also be the new interviews. Before Slutever’s show this Saturday, Oct. 15 at Kung Fu Necktie, we picked their brains using exclusively Twitter over the course of two days.