AAAAAHHHH! Nyjer Morgan signs with Japan’s Yokohama DeNa BayStars
More Jock Itch
- Fear the deer? The A.V. Club’s 2013-14 Milwaukee Bucks season preview
- Travel back to 1991 with Aaron Rodgers and “Da Bears” guys
- Sizing up the Bucks’ chances in the playoffs (yes, the Bucks are in the playoffs)
- Presented without comment: Here’s Jose Canseco’s painting of Bud Selig
- Let’s ignore the latest Ryan Braun scandal and listen to some awful Ryan Braun tribute songs instead
Former Brewers madman Nyjer Morgan has never been one for playing it safe. During his all-too-brief time in Milwaukee, Morgan made just as many headlines for his many alter-egos, his Twitter-based kite stunts, and for occasionally throwing chewing tobacco at opposing pitchers as he did for his playing. Now, the free-agent outfielder has made the next logical batshit step by signing a contract with the Yokohama DeNa BayStars of Japan’s Central League. The Associated Press is reporting that the 32-year-old Morgan has “GOTTA GO!” to Japan after signing a one-year, $1.6 million contract with the team, and that he is expected to bat third. No word yet on Morgan’s impending anime-inspired nickname. Dragon Ball Plush? Fullmetal Hush? Akira?