Adjust your VCR tracking for Juiceboxxx’s awesome “Expressway To The Darkness” video
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
Milwaukee’s Juiceboxxx has been living in the future. This summer, the genre-bending rapper released his first full-length LP, I Don’t Wanna Go Into The Darkness, on iTunes; he followed it up by entering the brazen world of 21st century marketing in order to hawk his very own energy drink, Thunder Zone. But Boxxx dials it back a few decades in the undeniably awesome video for “Expressway To The Darkness,” a killer cut from his new album.
Directed by Clay Tatum, the clip eschews the ubiquitous slick, hi-def look of today’s music video’s and instead goes the fuzzy, “please adjust your tracking” route. (In your face, Harmony Korine’s Trash Humpers.) Though many in Juiceboxxx’s demographic may be too young to remember the heady days of VHS, the video should be familiar to those fans who spent their misspent teenage years driving around in smoke-filled cars, lighting shit on fire, and videotaping it all on 10-pound camcorders.