Aimee Mann at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Altos to provide original, 18-person score for 2013 Milwaukee Film Fest centerpiece event
- Here’s the full (and really, really good) lineup for the 2013 Summer Soulstice Music Festival
- Post-hiatus Widespread Panic returns to Milwaukee September 26, 27, 28
- Jaill to premiere new song and video at Mad Planet June 15
- Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward—a.k.a. She & Him—to play Riverside Theater June 28
Aimee Mann has all sorts of cool fans and friends, from director P.T. Anderson to comedian David Cross to writer Dave Eggers (who has actually whistled on one of her albums). And when not bogged down by industry woes, she’s put out one of the most quietly consistent catalogs of the past few years. She started off under the guise of ‘Til Tuesday (remember “Voices Carry”?), but came back with songs on the Magnolia soundtrack and her breakthrough, Bachelor No. 2 Or, The Last Remains Of The Dodo. Her work since (like 2008’s @#%&*! Smilers) has followed a similar line while staring down, cleverly, the dark cloud hovering above every silver lining.