Aimee Mann at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Aimee Mann has all sorts of cool fans and friends, from director P.T. Anderson to comedian David Cross to writer Dave Eggers (who has actually whistled on one of her albums). And when not bogged down by industry woes, she’s put out one of the most quietly consistent catalogs of the past few years. She started off under the guise of ‘Til Tuesday (remember “Voices Carry”?), but came back with songs on the Magnolia soundtrack and her breakthrough, Bachelor No. 2 Or, The Last Remains Of The Dodo. Her work since (like 2008’s @#%&*! Smilers) has followed a similar line while staring down, cleverly, the dark cloud hovering above every silver lining.