Alabama Shakes at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Since its boom in the mid-2000s, the realm of indie music has expanded significantly, to the benefit of Foster The Peoples everywhere. While the market can get crowded—there are so many bands at a similar level that it’s hard for any of them to get prominently noticed—virtually any type of solid, interesting music will get picked up by a small label and gain a cult audience. Alabama Shakes may never reach that Adele plateau of mainstream success, but the band will also never starve. The members of the R&B throwback group can just do their own thing without breaking the bank. They won’t headline the MTV VMAs anytime soon, but they still get some recognition occasional television commercial work. Just having a job making music is more than good enough these days.