Alkaline Trio to play The Rave in support of new album, My Shame Is True
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Love or hate them, the Chicago-bred punk-rockers of Alkaline Trio keep on trucking. 2010’s This Addiction, the trio’s seventh studio album (and first on its own label, Heart & Skull) is not the return to Goddamnit that fans of the early Alkaline Trio crave, but it’s not going to scare off the remaining loyal Alka-heads, either. Matt Skiba and company continue on down the path of up-tempo punk, penning songs about death and drugs that remain curiously catchy. (“Dine, Dine My Darling” is about death and drugs and samples the main theme of “Ode To Joy.”) An album of fan favorites stripped down to their semi-acoustic essentials, Damnesia, came out in 2011, and a new album, My Shame Is True, will be released April 2.