Behold, the greatest music video ever made: “Throwback Man” by Sat. Nite Duets
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
They say it’s a fine line between clever and stupid. (Well, at least that’s what they say in This Is Spinal Tap.) And for Milwaukee band Sat. Nite Duets, riding that line is a way of life. The new video for the group’s shambling “Throwback Man” is easily one the funniest/silliest/most brilliant things we’ve seen in a long time. Clearly, it’s the greatest music video ever made.
Oh, where do we begin? How about the cold opening, featuring the world’s most depressing LeRoy Butler autograph session? Or how about the part where the tiger plays air guitar on a chainsaw while standing in a bathtub? How about the copious, almost-there male nudity?
And let’s not forget the actual song—it’s a terrific example of the group’s winning Pavement/Silver Jews-esque sound, albeit with more dick jokes and references to Mountain Dew. So take a bow, Sat. Nite Duets. You’re the proud creators of the greatest music video ever made. Or, the greatest video since that one with Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat.