Bill Burr at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Chappelle’s Show was a huge career boost for several comedians, Bill Burr among them. His acerbic, East Coast-bred wisecracks worked well with the show’s confrontational humor. He showed his full worth on his 2008 CD/DVD Bill Burr: Why Do I Do This? Burr hilariously gutted such topics as pedophiles and old people, and how buddy movies persist in stressing race relations. The comedian tackled his anger-management issues—among other things—on 2010’s Let It Go, and premièred a short film he co-wrote and starred in called “Cheat” at 2011’s Tribeca Film Festival. More recently, Burr released the excellent You People Are All The Same online, and appeared as Bob Odenkirk’s lackey in Breaking Bad.
Burr is scheduled to return to Milwaukee Friday, March 8 for a show at the Pabst Theater. Reserved seating tickets are $29.50, and go on sale Friday, Jan. 11 at noon.