Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club has gone through a few fairly drastic changes over its long career: A move from San Francisco to Los Angeles, a label change from Virgin to RCA to its own imprint, and a transition from the dreary garage-rock of its first two records to the Americana-inspired Howl to the (poorly received) all-instrumental ambient/noise effort The Effects Of 333. BRMC is a band constantly in flux, and 2010’s invigorating Beat The Devil’s Tattoo reflects that perpetual metamorphosis by seemingly plucking all the best moments from its own back catalogue, with equal parts gritty blues/gospel-inspired rock, Britpop balladry, and plenty of psychedelic meandering. The group’s seventh album, Specter At The Feast, will be released March 19.