Bob Dylan at BMO Harris Bradley Center
More Just Announced
- Altos to provide original, 18-person score for 2013 Milwaukee Film Fest centerpiece event
- Here’s the full (and really, really good) lineup for the 2013 Summer Soulstice Music Festival
- Post-hiatus Widespread Panic returns to Milwaukee September 26, 27, 28
- Jaill to premiere new song and video at Mad Planet June 15
- Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward—a.k.a. She & Him—to play Riverside Theater June 28
No matter how many times you’ve seen Bob Dylan, you want this time to be different. You want him to acknowledge you, damn it, even if it’s the phony, “We love you, [insert your city here]!” sort of attention you get from every other artist. But that’s not Dylan’s way: He might not look at you, but there’s always the chance that this notoriously hit-or-miss performer will be great on any particular night. Though he’s gotten a bad rap for mostly “missing,” his most recent album (not counting 2009’s borderline-Dada holiday effort, Christmas In The Heart), 2008’s Together Through Life, is loose and joyful, and a reminder that Dylan has a knack for capturing the camaraderie of any generation. A new album entitled Tempest—Dylan’s 35th studio album—is due Sept. 11.
The elusive yet tireless Dylan will return to Milwaukee for a show at the BMO Harris Bradley Center Nov. 8. He’ll be joined by a full band, as well as by Dire Straits singer-guitarist-songwriter Mark Knopfler. Ticket information for the show has not yet been announced.