Brian Jonestown Massacre at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Most people’s knowledge of San Francisco psych-rock band Brian Jonestown Massacre goes no further than its much-publicized feud against fellow West Coast band The Dandy Warhols. It’d be hard to blame the public for being so hung up on that, though, when their ongoing tension was the subject of 2004’s dramatic documentary Dig!—which, no matter your allegiance, only makes both bands look alternately petty and petulant. Still, that was nearly a decade ago. Since then, frontman Anton Newcombe has been consistently pumping out the same dreamy, pastiche-happy songs that have been well worth a listen since 1993. BJM’s latest, Aufheben, is scheduled for a May 1 release.
Newcombe and company will return to Turner Hall August 17 for what will likely be another epic-length show. General admission tickets are $18, and go on sale Friday, April 13 at noon. Listen to a song off of Aufheben, “I Wanna Hold Your Other Hand,” here or below.