Can Walker end the state civil war with brats and Spotted Cow?
More Local Newswire
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
- Who’s a good city? Who’s a good city? Milwaukee is a great place to own a dog, apparently
Gov. Walker’s first attempt to unify the state government is the most Wisconsin-ass idea the man has ever proposed: a “brat summit,” where state leaders from both parties grab a brat and a beer on the lawn of the Governor’s Mansion and start talking about common ground on which to move the state forward. Democrats plan on attending, but remain cautiously optimistic, since Walker has offered the grilling tongs of peace to his political rivals before, mostly as a photo op with little policy cooperation to back it up. A good indicator of his intentions? The beer he chooses to serve. A cooler packed with Spotted Cow and Furthermore Proper might indicate a man willing to reconsider the beer-related policy mistakes of the past. Negotiations held over a warm 24-pack of Coors Light can only end in disaster.