Catch the excitement: Mayor Barrett begins third term
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Despite his ongoing “third-time’s-a-charm” campaign for Wisconsin governor, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has officially—and quietly—begun his third term as mayor. According to TMJ4, Barrett was sworn in earlier this morning in the chambers of the Milwaukee Common Council, much to the dismay of whoever bothered to run against him a few weeks ago. In a speech following the ceremony, Barrett paid some lip service to job creation (“My focus will continue to be what it has been, creating jobs,”) and managed to take a shot at the GOP elephant in the room, Gov. Scott Walker (“We don’t kick budget problems down the road.”) He also reminded everyone that he was totally down with that whole Milwaukee Day thing, and that the all-ages skateboard jam was even better than he imagined.