Catch the excitement: Mayor Barrett begins third term
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
Despite his ongoing “third-time’s-a-charm” campaign for Wisconsin governor, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has officially—and quietly—begun his third term as mayor. According to TMJ4, Barrett was sworn in earlier this morning in the chambers of the Milwaukee Common Council, much to the dismay of whoever bothered to run against him a few weeks ago. In a speech following the ceremony, Barrett paid some lip service to job creation (“My focus will continue to be what it has been, creating jobs,”) and managed to take a shot at the GOP elephant in the room, Gov. Scott Walker (“We don’t kick budget problems down the road.”) He also reminded everyone that he was totally down with that whole Milwaukee Day thing, and that the all-ages skateboard jam was even better than he imagined.