Check out the new Soul Train-tastic video for Surgeons In Heat’s “The Price”
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
Any dope and/or 14-year-old will tell you that the Internet is pretty neat. Where else can you find information about dinosaurs, pictures of Saturn, and lessons on how to play the piano all in one place? (That is what the Internet is, isn’t it?) It’s also a place where you can take a bunch of old TV or movie footage, pipe in some new audio, throw it up on something called “YouTube,” and call it a day. We don’t know if it’s art, but we know we like it.
Take the new video for Surgeons In Heat’s “The Price,” a terrific track from their self-titled album. Sure, it’s just a bunch of old clips from Soul Train, but it works, and there’s something undeniably watchable—and awesome—about the thing. It may not reach the giddy heights of that Brat Pack/“Lisztomania” mash-up from a few years ago, but who doesn’t like to watch people dance? Especially people wearing another generation’s skinny jeans and those awful moccasin/loafer things? And hey, it’s a great song!