Check out the terrific video for WC Tank’s “Candy Council”
More Visual Audio
- Watch Volcano Choir perform “Byegone” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
- Flip out (and do cartwheels and handstands) with The Fatty Acids
- Let WC Tank cut through your conscious neural interference with the video for “Demigodz (Of Tha Law)”
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
One of the benefits of living in the future is that it’s never been easier to get your mitts on an HD camera and make a great-looking music video. Of course, making something that simply looks great and making something that’s worth watching are two different things. The recent video for Altos’ “Sing (For Trouble)” is certainly a case of the latter, as is a new clip for WC Tank’s “Candy Council.” Directed, shot, and edited by The Fatty Acids’ Kurt Raether, the video is 2:43 of music video perfection, and shows off Milwaukee’s East Side in all its photogenic glory. WC Tank’s “goofy-white-guy” hip-hop act may not be for everyone—anyone know how Juiceboxxx is doing these days?—but the visuals are unquestionably top-shelf.
The video will screen tonight at Linneman’s as part of a pre-Milwaukee Day showcase of local film and music. Also included will be an excerpt from Savageland, an in-the-works narrative short by the Farmland Dynamite collective. (The group is currently raising funds for Savageland on Kickstarter.) Music will be proved by The Fatty Acids (natch), Canopies, and WC Tank himself (again, natch).