Chester French dutifully does the “ironic slow jam” thing with video for “Drop”
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
A tenuous Milwaukee connection and a gluttony for punishment require us to report that Chester French has a new video, and that it’s pretty much what you would expect, if you were expecting anything at all. Chester French, of course, is the kinda-sorta-jokey R&B duo fronted by Milwaukee-area native D.A. Wallach, and the subject of some occasional local and national press. The band is also responsible for that one video where the hot girl beats up the band, and the one where two hot girls totally make out.
That brings us to “Drop,” the newest offering from a band with a Harvard pedigree and a suspiciously thorough Wikipedia page. The song is being billed as Chester French’s first “slow jam,” though it’s clear from the get-go that “ironic slow jam” might be a better description. Purposefully cheeseball video (shot in crummy 4:3 VHS, natch) featuring a shirtless dude on the beach? Check. Over-the-top, raunchy lyrics? (“Once you get through the door / those panties gonna drop, drop, drop to the floor.”) Check. The occasional non sequitur? (“Won’t you be my neighbor?”) You bet. Check out the video below—or, if you’re feeling especially industrious, just dig up your copy of Beck’s Midnite Vultures.