Chill out, because Bill Murray is NOT crashing a party in Milwaukee
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
If you spend most of your day wading in the pool of kitty-picture muck that is Facebook, you’ve probably witnessed dozens of your so-called “friends” breathlessly sharing that “Bill Murray Announces Party Crashing Tour Starting In August” story. Because, OMG, an August 15 Milwaukee date is included in the itinerary! Holy shit! Bill Murray is going to crash a party here?! “Like!”
But hold on. The story is from something called Super Official News, a website that, even after the most cursory inspection, is clearly a “humor” site. (Other pieces include “Obama Auctioning Off All Pot Seized In Drug Raids Since 2008,” and “Rick Santorum Voted People’s Sexiest Republican Alive.”) Think of it as a poor, poor man’s Onion. Oh, and the “Bill Murray Party Crashing Tour Hotline”? It’s actually the phone number for the Westboro Baptist Church.
At best, the story seems to be in the vein of those awful “Let’s start a petition to get Betty White/“Weird Al”/etc. on SNL!” things. At worst, it‘s just an awkward, dopey attempt at satire. So chill out, everyone, because Bill Murray is most certainly not coming to Milwaukee to crash a party. We’ll just have to settle for this: