Click this: Cream City Soundcheck
More Visual Audio
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
- Oedipus Tex And The Motherfuckers (and Grand Avenue’s singing bears) want to kill your cell phone
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming Old Earth album, Small Hours
- The video for Juiceboxxx’s “Like A Renegade” is deceptively simple, awesome
If a music scene explodes and no one is around to film it with a DSLR video camera, does it still make a sound? That question has been posed and tackled by many music-minded Milwaukee filmmakers over the past few years, most notably the fine folks at High Frequency Media. New to the digital posterity scene is the excellent Cream City Soundcheck, a video series from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s doc|UWM program. In collaboration with the Pabst Theater/Riverside Theater/Turner Hall group, Cream City Soundcheck has been filming some of Milwaukee’s best bands amidst the city’s unique businesses and landmarks.
The series celebrates its official kickoff Sept. 13 at Turner Hall, with music from Kane Place Record Club, The Fatty Acids, and Ras Movement. Until then, dig into a few of the already completed Cream City Soundcheck videos, including a visit to Downtown Books (the old location) with Trapper Schoepp And The Shades, and a bite to eat at The Plaza with Paul Cebar.