Craig Ferguson at Pabst Theater
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
A few years removed from the fallout from Late Night War II, it’s clear that—whether there’s an ironically arch comedy nerd or a mostly coasting vet behind the desk—the talk-show format is almost entirely played out. Scottish-American comedian Craig Ferguson has been aware of this for longer than most: He’s spent his time hosting The Late Late Show goosing the chat-fest corpse, balancing the antics of his cast of cheeky hand puppets with more serious moments, like an episode dedicated to Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the struggle for racial equality in South Africa. As a stand-up, however, he’s still more Jay Leno than David Letterman, and his material sometimes has a slightly hacky flavor.
Here’s hoping Ferguson allows some of his show’s anarchic looseness to creep in when he comes to the Pabst Theater Friday, Feb. 22, 2013. Reserved seating tickets are $45, and go on sale Friday, Nov. 2 at noon.