Dee Snider is not gonna take Paul Ryan using “We’re Not Gonna Take It”
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
In “Headlines That Write Themselves” news, Twisted Sister singer and former Celebrity Apprentice contestant Dee Snider has come out against Paul Ryan’s use of his classic hit “We’re Not Gonna Take It.” The Republican vice presidential hopeful has apparently been using the song during his campaign appearances, no doubt because the song’s “If it’s too loud, you’re too old!” sentiment rings so true with geriatric G.O.P. voters. Anyway, here’s Snider’s statement:
“I emphatically denounce Paul Ryan’s use of my song ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ as recorded by my band Twisted Sister. There is almost nothing on which I agree with Paul Ryan, except perhaps the use of the P90X.”
In other news, Milwaukee’s Mark Metcalf would like to remind voters of all persuasions that they’re disgusting slobs, and demands to know what they want to do with their lives.