Dethklok at The Rave
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Metal dudes who can laugh at themselves are a rare breed; for all the serious-face doom-and-gloom posturing, metal is a pretty nerdy genre, what with the evil imagery, the long hair, the silly-looking fonts—it’s about two steps away from a Magic: The Gathering meet-up. But that’s what makes Adult Swim’s Metalocalypse so cleverly tongue-in-cheek; Dethklok, the show’s cartoon band (fronted in person by co-creator/vocalist-guitarist Brendon Small), encapsulates everything that’s absurd about the genre, but with a lighthearted wit that comes off as pure fandom tribute.
Making up for a cancelled August show with Lamb Of God, Dethklok will stop by The Rave Thursday, Nov. 15. (Lamb Of God has been rescheduled for Nov. 9.) Joining the band will be Machine Head, All That Remains, and The Black Dahlia Murder. Tickets are $30 or $36, and go on sale Friday, Sept. 14 at 10 a.m.