Drive away the winter blues with a video from last summer’s Rockerbox
More Local Newswire
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
- Who’s a good city? Who’s a good city? Milwaukee is a great place to own a dog, apparently
Is there anything more soul-crushing, more life-sucking, more goddamn depressing than winter in Wisconsin? No. No, there is not. This season may have started off unnaturally mild and balmy, but now that temperatures are regularly skirting the single digits and the sun remains suspiciously absent for three or four days out of the week, the winter funk is officially on. And what better way to shake off that funk than by watching a video from last summer’s Rockerbox festival? Sure, summer may be approximately 8,000 years away, but it’s something.
The video comes courtesy of Good Spark Garage, and it nicely captures everything that makes Rockerbox—and, by extension, summer festivals in Milwaukee—so special: good-looking people, good-looking bikes, and crusty-punk bands playing in the streets. So go ahead and ignore the bitter cold pressing in on your body and soul, and pretend it’s August. Oh, and the first one to complain about a week of 90-degree weather this summer is going to get tackled.