Drive away the winter blues with a video from last summer’s Rockerbox
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Is there anything more soul-crushing, more life-sucking, more goddamn depressing than winter in Wisconsin? No. No, there is not. This season may have started off unnaturally mild and balmy, but now that temperatures are regularly skirting the single digits and the sun remains suspiciously absent for three or four days out of the week, the winter funk is officially on. And what better way to shake off that funk than by watching a video from last summer’s Rockerbox festival? Sure, summer may be approximately 8,000 years away, but it’s something.
The video comes courtesy of Good Spark Garage, and it nicely captures everything that makes Rockerbox—and, by extension, summer festivals in Milwaukee—so special: good-looking people, good-looking bikes, and crusty-punk bands playing in the streets. So go ahead and ignore the bitter cold pressing in on your body and soul, and pretend it’s August. Oh, and the first one to complain about a week of 90-degree weather this summer is going to get tackled.