Eco-friendly Rock the Green music festival announces eco-friendly headliners
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
With Summerfest firmly in our rearview mirrors, and WMSE’s Radio Summercamp looming on the horizon, it’s clearly time for one thing: details on yet another music festival. Because when we crown ourselves the City of Festivals, we don’t fuck around.
The headliners for Milwaukee’s inaugural Rock the Green festival were announced today, and include Ben Folds, The Fray, Fitz And The Tantrums, Michelle Branch, Christina Perri, and Milwaukee’s own Evan Christian. According to the Shepherd Express, the fest is being billed as the “Midwest’s Near-Zero Waste Music Festival,” and will feature “reusable water bottles with free water-filling stations as well as food from local, sustainable vendors, and will be powered by wind and solar generators.” All the eco-friendly fun will take place Sept. 18 in Veteran’s Park. Tickets are $25, or $50 for premier access, and go on sale July 23 at Ticketmaster.
On its website, Rock the Green promises “a world-class concert showcasing six musical artists who each tell their own eco-stories.” Can a heartbreaking Ben Folds song about the benefits of paper over plastic be in the cards? Only time will tell.