El Vez “MEX-mas” at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
More than an Elvis imitator who happens to be Mexican, Robert “El Vez” Lopez channels the stumbling, slurring spirit of the King, simultaneously skewering and revering his majesty in outlandish fashion. If that sounds too ridiculous, know that the lovely backing Elvettes and El Vez’s grand costumes help make it otherwise. He has some albums, like G.I. Ay, Ay! Blues and Boxing With God, but it should come as no surprise that the live act is where it’s at.
And if a live El Vez show isn’t enough, how about a live El Vez Christmas show? Milwaukee will have a chance to experience just that when the self-proclaimed “Mexican Elvis” brings his “MEX-mas” show to Turner Hall Monday, Dec. 10. General admission tickets are $15, and go on sale Friday, Oct. 26 at noon. And you thought Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash was the most insane thing going on this holiday season.