El Vez “MEX-mas” at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
More than an Elvis imitator who happens to be Mexican, Robert “El Vez” Lopez channels the stumbling, slurring spirit of the King, simultaneously skewering and revering his majesty in outlandish fashion. If that sounds too ridiculous, know that the lovely backing Elvettes and El Vez’s grand costumes help make it otherwise. He has some albums, like G.I. Ay, Ay! Blues and Boxing With God, but it should come as no surprise that the live act is where it’s at.
And if a live El Vez show isn’t enough, how about a live El Vez Christmas show? Milwaukee will have a chance to experience just that when the self-proclaimed “Mexican Elvis” brings his “MEX-mas” show to Turner Hall Monday, Dec. 10. General admission tickets are $15, and go on sale Friday, Oct. 26 at noon. And you thought Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash was the most insane thing going on this holiday season.