Elvis Costello at BMO Harris Pavilion
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
Though he’s one of the original angry young men, Elvis Costello is doing a pretty good job being a middle-aged rocker too. In 2009, Secret, Profane & Sugarcane was produced by T Bone Burnett and featured appearances by Emmylou Harris and Loretta Lynn. 2010’s National Ransom was also produced by Burnett, but skewed a little more masculine with guest appearances by Buddy Miller and Vince Gill. Costello’s been padding his cool guy reputation with appearances on shows like The Colbert Report and Sesame Street, and random one-off sideman gigs with bands like The Strokes. Costello’s current tour features a “Spinning Spectacular Songbook,” or a giant wheel that will randomly determine each night’s set list.
Costello and his backing band The Imposters are scheduled to play the new BMO Harris Pavilion Sept. 15. Tickets are available at the Summerfest box office and all Ticketmaster locations, and go on sale Thursday, June 21.