Field Report sets date for early album release show at Linneman’s
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
It seems like—ahem—forever ago that Milwaukee’s Christopher Porterfield retired Conrad Plymouth and announced an album (recorded at Justin Vernon’s studio in Eau Claire) from his newest musical project, Field Report. In that time, Field Report has been busy opening for the likes of Emmylou Harris and Counting Crows, and getting plenty of attention from Rolling Stone and NPR, among many others. Now it’s time for Milwaukee to show the love: Field Report will celebrate the release of its self-titled debut album at Linneman’s Riverwest Inn Saturday, Sept. 1, more than a week ahead of the national Sept. 11 release date. The show will feature Porterfield performing the entire album solo, and will be supported by special guests Old Earth and Aero Flynn. Admission is $12, and includes a copy of the new disc. Finally!