Field Report sets date for early album release show at Linneman’s
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
It seems like—ahem—forever ago that Milwaukee’s Christopher Porterfield retired Conrad Plymouth and announced an album (recorded at Justin Vernon’s studio in Eau Claire) from his newest musical project, Field Report. In that time, Field Report has been busy opening for the likes of Emmylou Harris and Counting Crows, and getting plenty of attention from Rolling Stone and NPR, among many others. Now it’s time for Milwaukee to show the love: Field Report will celebrate the release of its self-titled debut album at Linneman’s Riverwest Inn Saturday, Sept. 1, more than a week ahead of the national Sept. 11 release date. The show will feature Porterfield performing the entire album solo, and will be supported by special guests Old Earth and Aero Flynn. Admission is $12, and includes a copy of the new disc. Finally!