Former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan gives Summerfest a shout-out in Rolling Stone
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
If you’ve been concerned about that low, dull roar emanating from the lakefront, never fear—it’s just the beast known as Summerfest awakening from its slumber and getting ready to do its annual music-and-picnic-table-dancing thing. And while your enjoyment of the Big Gig may vary from year to year (is Dread Zeppelin ever going to play again?), one fest-goer is an avowed lifetime fan: former Guns ’N Roses bassist Duff McKagan. In a Rolling Stone piece entitled “10 Things Duff McKagan Learned on the Summer Festival Circuit,” the veteran rocker gives a solid shout-out to Summerfest, along with sensible advice like “crack and summer fests don’t mix.” (Tell us about it.) McKagan notes Milwaukee simply “gets it” when it comes to outdoor summer festivals:
Don’t miss Summerfest! Milwaukee gets it. Every band that I’ve ever known just loves to play this festival, which runs June 26th through July 7th along Lake Michigan. The people up there love music, and especially their hard rock and indie. This year’s lineup includes Tom Petty, Fun. and...New Kids on the Block! Hey, I guess some U.S. bookers do have a sense of humor.
Thanks, Duff! And great job, Milwaukee!