Free Sharon Van Etten show at the Pabst on April 7
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
You know how we told you about six things to look forward to in the months ahead? Well, here’s No. 7: Sharon Van Etten will perform a free concert April 7 at Pabst Theater. We’ve been fans of Van Etten’s breathtaking vocals and sad-eyed songs since her 2009 record Because I Was In Love, but we really started to take notice after last year’s great Epic EP. The record made Van Etten a critic’s favorite, and she appears poised for even bigger things, with a new album in the works produced by Aaron Dressner of The National.
This will be Van Etten’s second show in Milwaukee; as Evan Rytlewski of the Shepherd Express observed, she played to a mostly empty house at Cactus Club her first time around last January. Let's not blow it this time, Milwaukee. Take it from us—we’ve seen her live, and she’s a stunner. Mark your calendars.