Free Sharon Van Etten show at the Pabst on April 7
More Just Announced
- John C. Reilly And Friends to play two intimate, underground shows in Miller Caves
- Melvins celebrate 30th anniversary, bring Mudhoney along for show at Turner Hall
- You know what, Stuart? The Dead Milkmen are playing Shank Hall June 6
- Paul McCartney to play Miller Park July 16
- Summerfest (and Lewis Black) confirm Avett Brothers, LL Cool J, MGMT, more for 2013 Big Gig
You know how we told you about six things to look forward to in the months ahead? Well, here’s No. 7: Sharon Van Etten will perform a free concert April 7 at Pabst Theater. We’ve been fans of Van Etten’s breathtaking vocals and sad-eyed songs since her 2009 record Because I Was In Love, but we really started to take notice after last year’s great Epic EP. The record made Van Etten a critic’s favorite, and she appears poised for even bigger things, with a new album in the works produced by Aaron Dressner of The National.
This will be Van Etten’s second show in Milwaukee; as Evan Rytlewski of the Shepherd Express observed, she played to a mostly empty house at Cactus Club her first time around last January. Let's not blow it this time, Milwaukee. Take it from us—we’ve seen her live, and she’s a stunner. Mark your calendars.