Gayngs at Turner Hall
More Just Announced
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to play first-ever headlining Milwaukee show June 20 at Milwaukee Theatre
- The Get Down will return to Turner Hall for annual New Year’s Eve bash
- Martin Short to perform at Pabst Theater January 18
- Screech strikes back: Dustin Diamond’s Bayside Bash returns to Turner Hall Nov. 27
- Metric to play Turner Hall Nov. 22
We’ve talked a lot about huge-ass Midwest indie-rock supergroup Gayngs here at A.V. Club Milwaukee, and while we initially wondered whether its debut album Relayted would be a cringingly ironic trainwreck, we’re happy to report that it’s actually one of the standout releases in a very good year so far for music. All 24 members of Gayngs teamed up for the group’s live debut last Friday at First Avenue, and were graced by the presence of none other than Prince, who jammed on guitar backstage. (Read more about the show here.) Fortunately, that show wasn’t just a one-off—Gayngs will go on tour this fall, starting with a show Sept. 29 at Turner Hall. Included in the tour lineup are Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, Brad Cook and Joe Westerlund of Megafaun, Ivan Rosebud of The Rosebuds, Zak Coulter and Adam Hurlburt of Solid Gold, and the project’s producer, Ryan Olson, among others. We’ll be sure to report ticket information once we have it.
UPDATE: Tickets are $18 and go on sale at noon May 28 at the Pabst and Riverside theater box offices.