Gaze upon the winning design for Justin Vernon’s Northern Exposure tattoo
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Ever since it was announced that Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon was asking fans to design his Northern Exposure-themed tattoo, the world has been waiting with bated, woodland-creature-scented breath. Could Vernon’s fans ever hope to capture the essence of his beloved ’90s TV show? (He named his record label after movie-obsessed character Ed Chigliak, after all.) Would Vernon go for something tasteful and ornate, or possibly stick with a caricature of Rob Morrow riding a moose just to fuck with us? Thankfully, the wait is over: Vernon has selected a lovely design by Italian artist and designer Giulio Rossi, which beat out 59 entries by 26 other designers. Rossi walks away with a cool $175 prize, and the knowledge that his design will forever decorate the body of Vernon, along with that dreamy Wisconsin tattoo on his clavicle.
Check out the full design of Cicely, the fictional town’s founder and namesake, below.