Gaze upon the winning design for Justin Vernon’s Northern Exposure tattoo
More Local Newswire
- Former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan gives Summerfest a shout-out in Rolling Stone
- Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee named best city in known universe
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
Ever since it was announced that Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon was asking fans to design his Northern Exposure-themed tattoo, the world has been waiting with bated, woodland-creature-scented breath. Could Vernon’s fans ever hope to capture the essence of his beloved ’90s TV show? (He named his record label after movie-obsessed character Ed Chigliak, after all.) Would Vernon go for something tasteful and ornate, or possibly stick with a caricature of Rob Morrow riding a moose just to fuck with us? Thankfully, the wait is over: Vernon has selected a lovely design by Italian artist and designer Giulio Rossi, which beat out 59 entries by 26 other designers. Rossi walks away with a cool $175 prize, and the knowledge that his design will forever decorate the body of Vernon, along with that dreamy Wisconsin tattoo on his clavicle.
Check out the full design of Cicely, the fictional town’s founder and namesake, below.