Gig Alert: Little Otik (ft. members of The Scarring Party) at Riverwest Public House
More Now Streaming
- Listen to a new Call Me Lightning song because holy fucking shit, it’s a new Call Me Lightning song
- The Disclaimer: R.I.P. The Onion and A.V. Club Milwaukee
- The Disclaimer: Hate mail, lakefront development, and more
- The Disclaimer: NEWaukee’s Angela Damiani explains the whole ’Creational Trails, urban camping thing
- The Disclaimer: Urban camping as art, and Spotify as the end of music
It’s been nearly a year since Milwaukee’s mysterious, spooky, and altogether ooky The Scarring Party played its last show at the Riverwest Public House. Back then, frontman Daniel Bullock told The A.V. Club he’d been “sitting on songs for a very different kind of record for a couple of years,” and that there “was never going to be time to finish it unless we took a break.” Now, with The Scarring Party still on hiatus, Bullock is ready to debut his new project, Little Otik. The band—which takes its name from a delightfully fucked-up Czech film—will play its first show tonight at the Riverwest Public House. The show begins at 9 p.m., with Little Otik opening for local troubadour Allen Cote.
Below is an exclusive preview of a new Little Otik demo, “Oh Creatures,” featuring a guest spot from Cote on lap-steel.