Go behind the scenes of IfIHadAHiFi’s “Imperial Walker”
More Visual Audio
- Watch Volcano Choir perform “Byegone” on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
- Flip out (and do cartwheels and handstands) with The Fatty Acids
- Let WC Tank cut through your conscious neural interference with the video for “Demigodz (Of Tha Law)”
- Think spring with the video for Klassik’s “ForeverWhatever”
- Take a two-wheeled tour of Milwaukee with The Fatty Acids and Cream City Soundcheck
We mentioned in our Monday News Net that Milwaukee’s premiere noise-rock outfit, IfIHadAHiFi, had released an “old-fashioned working-class protest song” called “Imperial Walker.” Now the group has revealed a short behind-the-scenes video documenting the song’s creation at Howl Street Recordings.
In the video, IfIHadAHiFi drummer (and A.V. Club Milwaukee contributor) D.J. Hostettler describes the song as an “anti-Scott Walker protest anthem for the 21st century.” Viewers are treated to a few seconds of the track, some winking Star Wars references (“Open for business / everything must go / now we’re Rebel soldiers marching in the snow”), and at least one gratuitous crotch shot.