Gov. Walker responds to 1M recall signatures by watching American Idol, reporting morning weather
More Local Newswire
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
- Who’s a good city? Who’s a good city? Milwaukee is a great place to own a dog, apparently
Remember when Wisconsin Democrats collected more than a million signatures to recall Gov. Scott Walker? Remember when beaming recall supporters dropped off 3,000 pounds (!) of petitions at the Government Accountability Board offices, virtually ensuring an unprecedented recall election later this year? Remember when more than 3,500 (!!) levelheaded commenters lost their shit on JSOnline? Of course you do, because it all happened Tuesday.
So what has Walker been up to since that historic day? Other than issuing an official “Whatevs” statement, not much. If the guv’s delightfully benign Twitter account is to be believed, he’s been laying low, watching American Idol with his family, and issuing helpful weather reports for the morning commute.
Watched American Idol tonight w/Tonette, Matt & Alex. Its [sic] amazing that some contestants were little kids when show started.
Be careful today. The roads are slick.
Whether or not Walker will survive the eventual recall election remains to be seen, though a career as a helicopter traffic reporter seems like a nice option, if needed.