Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee is home to safe trick-or-treating, monogamous women, sweatpants
More Local Newswire
- Former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan gives Summerfest a shout-out in Rolling Stone
- Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee named best city in known universe
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
Scouring the Internet for the briefest mention of Milwaukee on yet another useless, click-generating list can be a full-time job for certain folks. After all, someone has to let the world know that USA Today put Milwaukee at #37 on its list of “Top 100 Cities with Reasonably Clean Sidewalks.” So it’s a bit surprising that the online list hawks missed a doozy from a few days ago. No, we’re not talking about Milwaukee’s strong showing as one of the “Top 20 Best Cities for Trick-or-Treating” (#16), or its dubious reputation as one of the top 10 cities with non-promiscuous women (#4). We’re talking about Milwaukee’s inclusion on a list of cities that love to buy sweatpants.
According to the Huffington Post (natch) and “marketing services firm” Experian (barf), disheveled citizens from across the country were polled to find out how many pairs of sweatpants they had purchased during the last 12 months. (An aside: Has anyone ever taken part in one of these surveys? Like, have you ever gotten a phone call from a marketing firm asking you how many pairs of Zubaz you own? Are these polls for real? Are these the same firms that conduct the Family Feud surveys?) Taking top honors as “America’s most comfortable city” was Philadelphia, with Milwaukee coming in at a respectable #13.
Great job, Milwaukee?