Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee is one of the most hungover cities in the country
More Local Newswire
- Read how Trapper Schoepp jumped to conclusions and bumped into Tom from Office Space at Comet
- Looking for a cheap colonoscopy? Come to Milwaukee!
- Here’s the predictably awesome lineup for the 2013 Locust Street Festival
- Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger: Kenosha-based Jockey has reinvented the bra
- Bucketworks would very much like to raise $18,000 by the end of the day
There’s a special place in the Great job, Milwaukee! robot’s tin heart for any dopey online list that involves beer, booze, or general drunkenness. It’s all but guaranteed that Milwaukee will show up somewhere on these dubious rankings, and what’s the use of talking about these things if you can’t have a little drink to unwind yourself? So it goes with the Business Insider’s roundup of the 25 most hungover cities in America. Taking into account “the Center for Disease Control’s most recent statistics on binge drinking and Trulia’s list of cities with the most bars per capita,” the Business Insider determined that Milwaukee is the second most hungover city in the country, right behind Omaha, Nebraska. Great job, Milwaukee!
While the stats are dicey at best (five or more drinks in one sitting is considered binge drinking for men?) it’s nice to know that for all our efforts to transform Milwaukee into some sort of cosmopolitan mecca, it’s still a town that knows how to get shitty. And that (in moderation, of course) is what makes Milwaukee great.
(As with all Great job, Milwaukee! posts, please share this important info a billion times on social media—or, if you’re a humorless city-cheerleader group, pretend it doesn’t exist.) [via Tap Milwaukee]