Great job, Milwaukee! Playboy names Sugar Maple one of country’s “best beer bars”
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Conventional wisdom holds that we should open this piece with a “We only read Playboy for the articles!” joke, but let’s be honest: When was the last time you read/ogled anything in Playboy? The magazine’s stature has fallen considerably in recent decades, no thanks to the pesky Maxims, FHMs, and Internets of the world. For further proof of the magazine’s slide into the grotto of irrelevance, look no further than its July issue, which features a 39-year-old Jenny McCarthy once again taking off her gear and inoculating the world against fear, ignorance, and inoculation. Fight the good fight, Jen.
Anyway, the July issue also includes a list of the “best beer bars” in the country, with Milwaukee’s Sugar Maple landing at the top. “A Brew City temple that eschews imports,” reads the copy. “The lineup of taps runs almost as deep as the city’s brewing heritage.”
The piece hasn’t hit the web yet, so please enjoy this small-ish picture from something called a “print edition.” Great job, Milwaukee!