Help Miramar Theatre fix its roof, air-conditioning, heating system
More Local Newswire
- Here’s the info on our three—three!—farewell parties
- Listen to Fable & The World Flat remix San Fermin
- It’s time for us to say goodbye good, Milwaukee
- Die Kreuzen to release remastered versions of Cows And Beer EP for Record Store Day 2014
- According to Hot Topic and a bunch of Hot Topic-y bands, The Rave is haunted
Though it may not have the white-hot cool-kid cache of other local clubs, the Miramar Theatre is one of Milwaukee’s oldest and most storied venues. Established in 1913—and rehabbed in 1998—the all-ages East Side club has seen its share of national and local bands, film screenings, theater productions, and the occasional indie wrestling match. In recent years, the Miramar has focused on jam bands and electronic acts, making it one of the few places in Milwaukee to find those types of music.
But with age comes the need for repairs, and the Miramar has some doozies. A page has been set up on crowd-sourcing website WePay to help the venue foot the bill for some much-needed repairs to its roof, air conditioning, and heating system. $25,000 is the ultimate dollar goal, a figure that doesn’t seem all that insurmountable when you consider the Miramar will be accepting donations for the next 437 days. Take that, two-week Kickstarter campaigns.
(The Miramar will make a 10-percent gift to the American Cancer Society for any donations of $100 or more.)