Hey girl, Paul Ryan has his own “Hey girl” meme
More Local Newswire
- Great job, Milwaukee! Milwaukee named best city in known universe
- Watch Mark Borchardt sub for Ryan Gosling in Drive
- Milwaukee’s Special Entertainment unveils ridiculous On Cinema app, featuring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington
- Love The Noble? Help it stay in business by contributing to “Save The Noble”
- Enjoy one last taste of winter with the Packard brothers and their “meat cannon”
Full-time actor/heartthrob Ryan Gosling reached new levels of semi-ironic dreaminess when that “Hey girl” meme took off in late 2010. (Example: “Hey girl, I always use a bookmark. I would never dog-ear your pages, girl.”) But could the same thing happen for the newest recipient of the “Hey girl” treatment, Wisconsin’s Rep. Paul Ryan? A new Tumblr site, Hey Girl, It’s Paul Ryan seems to think so, and it has plenty of winking references to “fiscal discipline” and upward sloping demand curves to prove it.
“Hey girl, now THOSE are some tangible assets,” reads one caption. “Hey girl, I want to massage your feet like they were the budget numbers,” reads another. With come-ons like that, who could possibly resist Ryan’s pallid, somewhat-boyish good looks, not to mention his politics? The site has been live for only a day, but it’s already stuffed with more than six pages of material. Maybe the five-term congressman and potential GOP vice-presidential nominee really is the perfect target for the “Hey girl” thing; or, more likely, it’s just really easy to come up with this shit.
Oh, and then there’s this one: